As we quickly approach 2013 (anyone else questioning where 2012 went?!), it’s time to reflect on (missed) resolutions in 2012, and new resolutions to look forward to.
1. Break up with Texting: I can’t be the only one. Especially with iPhone to iPhone, you have no character limit, and I have been known to write a novel or two (I also stick to full grammar, aside from the occasional “LOL.” Never could support “r u thr?”) But that’s no way to communicate with someone. I could never fully resent texting – it’s great for those quick, “what are you doing,” “leaving now,” “good to see you!” conversations, but I’m going to leave the catching up and soul searching for the most unused part of my cellular device – the phone itself.
2. Leave the Discover at home: This is kind of a two-parter, because I want to buy my first condo/townhome/house in 2013, so I need good credit and a stupid large down payment, so I am going to try and work with a cash budget. I’ve got my credit cards paid off (!), and I’d like to keep it that way.
3. Stop keeping things to myself: I’m totally that person that lets things build up until smoke comes out of my ears, and it doesn’t benefit anyone. I don’t want to become a negative Nancy, but if something bothers me, I need to bring it up with that person instead of playing out a billion scenarios in my head.
4. Quit following NHL Lockout negotiations. Plain and simple. They just make me sad, and no one wants to be sad.
5. Visit the new Fantasyland at Disney, Marry David Freese and/or Win the Lottery. A girl can dream, right?
One reply on “Top 5: New Year’s Resolutions 2013”
I’m with you on saving for a down payment on a house! It seems so hard sometimes, but I don’t want to feel like I’m throwing money away on rent.