I have a LOT of necklaces. Big ones, dainty ones, and all hard to store ones. I’ve been pinning them on the large cork board behind my desk for years, but it just wasn’t cutting it anymore. Cue a left over Hobby Lobby gift card and some extra time on my hands, and poof! A new
– Cork Board (I bought an 11×17 framed one)
– 1/4 yard of Fabric
– Paint (to match fabric)
1. Lay your fabric over your cork board. You’ll want enough to cover the board and wrap around the frame.
2. Pin the corners of your board down. Use your finger nail to create the crease inside the frame.
3. Staple the inside of the frame. I did four along the short side, five along the long.
4. Flip your cork board over, and staple the additional fabric tightly.
5. Place pins into the back side of a paper plate & paint to match your fabric!
SO EASY. I actually painted my frame first, but decided to cover it with the fabric instead! Overall, the project cost about $15.
One reply on “DIY Necklace Holder”
Wow, I love this! I have that same fabric at home right now left over from some other projects. Where did you find those pins? I would love if you shared this at my link party!! http://domesticsuperhero.com/2013/03/28/swdst4/ Hope to see you!