One of my all-time favorite movies is White Christmas, and it seems fitting on Thanksgiving to listen to the song “Count Your Blessings.” So, as I get ready to fall asleep, I’ll count my blessings:
– Incredible support from my parents for the past 24 years, especially this year. I could not plan a wedding, build a house and be a good puppy mom without their help.
– A loving, caring fiancé. I knew Andy was the one in August 2010, and now I get to spend the rest of my life with him.
– The sleeping dachshund next to me. You can make fun of me all you want, but I truly can’t imagine coming home to anything but his wagging tail, little squirts & face licks.
– My job. For the first time in my life, I’m happy to get up in the morning and drive to work. They support and value me as employee, and are helping me be successful.
– The great pumpkin. My eclipse has gotten me to and from some of the best moments of my life. 83,000 miles and plenty to go!
– My extended family. They may be crazy, but they’re mine.
I could go on for days, but I’m ready to fall asleep, counting my blessings.