Face it, Chicken Parmesan is one of the best Italian dishes around. Skip the expensive white tablecloths and $8 glasses of wine and make your own at home. Plus, it’s a weight watchers recipe, so you can leave the guilt at the restaurant.
- Two chicken breasts (I use frozen and thaw the night before)
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 6 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup of pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup of cheese (I use Provel, because this is Saint Louis. But Mozzarella will do just fine)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine bread crumbs, basil, oregano, garlic powder and Parmesan in a shallow dish.
- Whisk egg into another shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture (both sides), then bread crumb mixture. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Top with pasta sauce & cheese, and put back in oven until cheese melts.
One reply on “Ate It: Chicken Parmesan”
[…] Chicken Parmesan is a staple in my household. It’s one of my husband’s favorite meals, and one of my “fanciest.” When I saw that HelloFresh had their own version on this week’s menu, my ears perked up. […]