‘Tis the season for resolutions, but our only resolution here at the Parks house is to check off our bucket lists! I was inspired by my dear friend Jessica over at Created Space Studios, who just knocked her 2015 bucket list out of the park, making me realize how little I accomplished in 2015. Luckily, a new dawn is rising, and I’m more determined then ever to get out of my comfort zone.
- Pay off my debt: I spent a good few hours tallying up every single penny, and I can’t say I was pleased with the results. Luckily, I’ve got a plan in place to end 2016 debt-free!
- Learn to cook a steak: Okay – this isn’t a groundbreaking bucket list item, BUT, it’s something I’d like to learn how to do. If you have any great tips or tricks, send them my way!
- 12 months = 12 new date spots: St. Louis is FULL of things to do, but sometimes we get stuck in our ways of going to the same place, eating at the same table, and ordering the same meal. It’s time to break the tradition and explore what St. Louis has to offer.
- Successfully plant and grow tomatoes: I do not have a green thumb. AT ALL. But, I have a huge yard full of spots to plant, so keep your fingers crossed for a hearty harvest of tomatoes. I’ll even share!
- Take one unexpected vacation: Haven’t you ever dreamed of dropping a pin in a map, packing up and hitting the airport? I’m such a planner that I can’t imagine not having a plan for travel, but I think it’s really something that can take me out of my comfort zone and explore a new local. If perhaps it lands in Boston, Denver or Yellowstone National Park, I can’t say I’d be upset.
Additionally, I have a few items I’d like to do more of in 2016 (but we won’t call them resolutions)…
- Eat more vegetables and less snacks (chips, crackers, pretzels)
- Monthly date night (Perfect to pair with the 12 new spots we have to try!)
- Get more involved with a charity, especially a pet-related one.
- Weekly walk with Yadi
Of course, it wouldn’t be The Parks Department if I didn’t include the Hubs list, which is much more thought out.
- Lose 25-30lbs.
- Get a Tattoo.
- Take a weekend fishing/camping trip.
- Cedar Point. Yes, just Cedar Point. If you haven’t been, you may want to add it to your bucket list – I’m not even a roller coaster person, and I loved it!
- Build a new computer.
- Do one special expenses paid deed for each member of my family. (Go to a movie, Zoo, Cardinals Game, etc.)
- Have more date nights with the wife. Yay!
- Donate money/clothes to a charity.
- Take a Muay Thai/Jiu Jitsu/Kickboxing class
- Finish landscaping the front and back yard.
Do you have a bucket list? What’s your top item? Let me know!