Congratulations, you just closed on your first house! What an exciting time. I should know – it was my first house, too.
The carpet may not be as crisp as it was back in February of 2014, nor the walls as clean, but let me tell you – that house has been loved. My wedding photographer met my husband and groomsmen there before the big day to snap some shots. We hosted our first married BBQ, Halloween party and Christmas party there. We made incredible friends, both young and old, and deepened our friendship with others. It’s the place our two dogs got to know each other (and subsequently water every patch of grass on the lawn.)
It’s the spot we chose to start our life together, and will always hold a special place in my heart.
So before you put the first coat of paint up, there are a few things you should know:
- Your next door neighbors are incredible people. Invite them over for a beer, and you’ll gain some incredible role models.
- Get ready to relive your childhood. Those kids can host a mean game of kickball, and if you play your cards right, you’ll always be first picked.
- Our poor lawn needs a drink. Help it out.
- Interested in the wildlife? Just look out your patio door at the numerous does and fawns that reside in the woods. Just be careful driving up the hill at night!
- That beautiful basement? That was our design. The mantle was handmade by my dad, and has a little blessing written inside. Use it as much as you can.
- Turn on the gas fireplace when it’s just a tad too warm out, just to let your pet snuggle up in front of it. You’ll get a peek at pure bliss.
- Make memories. We sure did.
Cheers to 7360 Tournament Drive.