Jenna Marbles is a female god. If you haven’t watched her videos, just get off my blog. JK – but really, watch the below videos for my inspiration.
NOTE: I am basing this off of things the men in MY life don’t understand. (Sorry Andy!) Feel free to add your own in the comments.
1. Hobby Lobby: I could craft 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if I had the budget and time. Girls want things to look GOOD – i.e. why we buy insane amounts of clothing and take two hours to get ready. This means we will spend 3-4 hours wandering through a Hobby Lobby, debating over the perfect shade of rose and the perfect size pumpkin. As Andy says, Hobby Lobby is my Bass Pro/Golf Discount/ETC. Just remember that.
2. Planning: Yes, I keep a planner, physical calendar, digital calendar and notes around. I will absolutely plan out our weekend plans by Monday, and you can bet I’ve had a three week notice of your family party. I know exactly when that game, birthday or movie release is, and I’ve already talked to my other female planner friends to involve their boys, too. Someone has to keep everything in line.
3. The Bachelor/Bachelorette: You have fantasy sports teams, we have Bachelor brackets. And yes, we absolutely get too involved with the characters, develop a deep hatred for bitchy girls and fall into mad showmances with rich, damaged guys with six packs, and cry when they don’t get a rose. Most of this is due to the copious amounts of wine we drink during the two-hour show.
4. Pinterest: Is it safe to say that Pinterest is female porn? It’s like once you get your first look, you’ll never stop going back. So what if I have been planning our wedding long before you even consider an engagement. Maybe I do have a thousand work out plans I’ll never try. So I started my Christmas List six months early, no big deal. As long as I keep putting delicious food on the table, keep your mouth shut – don’t act like you don’t know where I got those recipes.
5. Target: I mean, seriously. I have never gone into Target and only bought what I came for. The place screams “buy me.” Of course I needed two new tanks, a pair of shoes I’ll never wear, three new nail polishes, throw pillows, and a kitchen gadget I can’t even pronounce. At least I get 5% off with my RedCard – that makes it ALL better, right?