I feel like this post goes without saying – getting a puppy was the best thing I’ve ever done. (Sure, it’s only been 22 years of stuff, but still). Yadi is my little baby fluff ball, and unlike that adorable Windows 7 “Why We Need A Dog” commercial, I’m going to get to the heart and soul of why it’s worth the trouble, because trust me, he’s gets in a LOT of trouble (I’m still mourning my brand new sperry’s).
1. They Support Your Team: Unlike the unfortunate fellow below who’s parents turn on him, your four-legged friend will always support your team. They’ll bark at the refs for a bad call, proudly wear your team’s colors (after a little bit of nipping), and always comfort you when they lose. And yes, I just wanted to throw the video in because it’s adorable.
2. They help clean: And by clean, I mean destroy any crumb that hits your floor, couch, bed, shirt, pants, table…
3. They always offer to drive: Talk about a built in DD! You may just have to help with that whole pedal thing. Oh, and steering. And you may want to be sure to check the break. Paws tend to slip.
4. They volunteer to take those annoying calls you get: After all, wet noses were made for the “end” button.
5. They provide you with unconditional love: Regardless of what else is going on in your life, the second you walk into theirs, it’s over. You have work, friends, laundry, cooking, cleaning and more, but all they have is you. Cherish that, because no one else will tinkle out of excitement when you walk into a room.
Editors Note: No dogs were harmed in the writing of this blog.