As you all know, Apple announced the iPhone 5 yesterday. To say I’m an Apple fan is an understatement. The only reason I’m not counting down until pre-order is (1) my dad is an employee of AT&T, so I can’t actually pre-order it, and (2) I need to save money for my grad school class. (Oh yeah, I’m going to grad school. Guess I haven’t blogged in awhile!) However, the iPhone 5 is absolutely on my list of must-haves for 2012, and I will attempt to tell you why.
(1) Presentation: Apple lovers and haters alike must agree, no company knows how to better showcase a product. Whether it’s the creative press conference invitations or the brilliant graphics and charts, Apple can draw a crowd. For those of us who were not lucky enough to attend, blogs such as Mashable had live coverage. Seriously, the phone rose up from the ground in a rock-star like viewing. I don’t see the latest Android phone doing that.
(2) Loyalty: Once you go Mac, you never go back. Seriously – I’ve been working on Apple computers since 2005, and I can’t imagine purchasing anything else. One of the biggest reasons Apple is so successful is because of their customer loyalty. Yes, products can cost an arm and a leg, but they are also made with quality to boot, as any Apple owner knows.
(3) Look: The iPhone is a thing of beauty. From it’s sleek curves to it’s textured back, it’s the Ferrari of cell phones.
(4) Panoramic Camera: OK – yes, Android phones have this. iPhones didn’t. Now it does.
(5) I’m Eligible for Upgrade: So why the hell WOULDN’T I get it?
Are you pre-ordering it? What features are you most excited for?