One of the best things about St. Louis is our diverse neighborhoods. Soulard boasts one of the largest Mardi Gras celebrations outside of NOLA; the Hill has some of the best Italian food you will ever taste. In the county, however (the city of St. Louis and county are separated, in case you didn’t know) these “neighborhoods” tend to have a much more varying split of opinions. Ballwin and Rock Hill are both ranked highly in “best areas to live in polls.” Clayton, Ladue and even Chesterfield can be seen as snotty. South County is seen as hoosierish (oh yeah, we also use the word “Hoosier” in place of “Redneck”).
STL Today Fourms
The Fast Line on 101 ESPN
The Fox Sports Midwest Girls
Complaining About Parking Downtown
Baseball in October
Being Afraid to Go Downtown
High School Rivalries
Oh, and St. Louis Girls.
The Lawn at Verizon Wireless Ampitheater
Stay tuned – Things St. Louis Guys Love will be posted Monday!
We may not have the popularity of Chicago or the pizzazz of Nashville, but St. Louis is an outstanding city. From our rich sports history to our flavorful communities, it’s a city all it’s own. And sure, maybe we’ve got a few quirks (as outlined by the What High School Should We Call Me tumblr), but that’s what makes it unique. As spring awaits it’s arrival, it’s time to remember just what we love about this city. Some of these items are on my own 2013 bucket list, some are tradition, but all are meant to highlight what this city has to offer.
- Attend a Cardinals game at Busch Stadium. I have tickets to my second straight home opener against the Cincinnati Reds!)
- Visit the St. Louis Zoo at Forest Park and make sure to see the new Sea Lion exhibit, although the Penguins are my personal favorite.
- Get your custard served upside down at Ted Drewes.
- Take a Brewery Tour. And I don’t necessarily mean Budwesier. St. Louis is home to many craft breweries, including Schafly, O’Fallon, Urban Chestnut & 4 Hands.
- Eat, drink and be merry at Food Truck Friday in Tilles Park. Sarah’s Meltdown (grilled cheese), Sarah’s Cake Stop (cupcakes) and Zia’s (Italian) are my favorite.
- Stop and smell the flowers at the Missouri Botanical Garden. Bonus points for going on Wednesday nights during the Whitaker Music Festival.
- Head on over to Fast Eddies. This is top of my bucket list this summer!
- Watch a concert on the lawn at Verizon Wireless Ampitheater.
- Soak up the humidity and see a show at The Muny in Forest Park. It’s incredibly hot, but totally worth it.
- See the city from the Rooftop bar at 360. Sadly, I have not had this pleasure yet.
- Grab a root beer at Fitz’s Bottling Company in the Loop. Then pop across the street for a burger at Blueberry Hill.
- Brush up on your French and visit the annual Jour de Fete in Ste. Genevieve.
- Head to Live on the Levee under the Arch. Don’t miss the fireworks, either!
- Load up on carbs at the Hill. You won’t regret it.
- Take your bets at Fairmount Park. I need to make it to a Party in the Park on Friday nights this year!
Of course, I could go on for days, but instead, I invite you to add your Must-Do in St. Louis! What is your go-to when the weather gets nice?
*Yes, I left off the oh-so-popular ride in the Arch. It’s definitely a must-do if you’ve never been to the city!