The first day back after a holiday is never easy, but the first Monday of a new year? Rough! For those of you with resolutions to be healthier in 2016, meal planning is key, and Sunday afternoons are just perfect for getting a weeks worth of snacks together!
90 percent of the time, I crave salty snacks over sweets, but sometimes you just need some chocolate. My local grocer had the Fiber One 90 Calorie Brownies on sale this past week, so I went ahead and picked up a box for that chocolate craving at work. After all, that 90 calories is still 30 less than my mini-Reese’s Peanut Butter eggs.
Fiber One 90 Calorie Brownies
- 90 Calories
- 3g Fat
- 18g Carbs
- 5g Fiber
- 8g Sugar
- 1g Protein
As you can see, you’re not getting a whole lot for those 90 calories, but the taste is good. It’s a rich chocolate flavor, but I could not taste the chocolate chips or the chocolate drizzle on top. It’s a good post-lunch dessert, but it’s not going to replace actual brownies anytime soon. I still prefer the Skinny Cow Heavenly Crisps for the same point value, but these are definitely worth a try!
ALERT: This continues to be my most popular post, but I DO NOT CONDONE THIS DIET. The calorie intake is too low to be healthy. PLEASE don’t do it! If you want to lose weight, follow a diet similar to day one.
I’m sure you guys have all seen it on Pinterest – the 3-Day Military Diet – lose up to 10lbs in 3-days! Well, I tried it.
Day 1: 955 Calories
Day 1 really wasn’t bad. I don’t like coffee, but I had coffee with breakfast with a sweet & low pack. Also added sweet & low to my tea at lunch, and mustard to my tuna. I had canned chicken for my meat, and ate the banana with the ice cream. The apple turned into a snack after dinner. You’re supposed to work out on this plan, so I went to Yoga for 75 minutes.
Day 2: 1205 Calories
Again, not too terrible. I love hard boiled eggs and hot dogs, so I had nothing to complain about. I did load the hot dogs with ketchup, though. Also spent 20 minutes on the elliptical and did arms (note: I love this arms plan. It’s short, but you absolutely feel it!)
Day 3: ? Calories
OKAY – I give. I had a HUGE headache all day. This is the lowest amount of food in the entire diet, and it definitely wore on me. I did breakfast and lunch, but went to happy hour with a friend for dinner.
Final Weight: 159.5
Happy New Year! Like many, I’ve got a resolution to kick my own ass into shape. I’ve had the Jillian Michael’s 30-Day Shred videos for years, but I’ve never stuck with them enough to see a real change! I finally found the actual plan (that includes the 30-Day Shred DVD as well as the Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism & No More Trouble Zones DVDs), so I’m going to work that into my weekly yoga routine! How are you attacking your resolutions?
I don’t know about you guys, but I hate going to the gym. I have a gym at my office, so I can’t just come in sweats and go home disgusting. I have to be prepared to work, especially since lunch time is the least busiest time to go (and gives me no excuse not to). Packing your bag is essential! Below are my top 10 must haves, along with a few extras.
- A good bag: It may seem redundant, but you can’t just throw your stuff into any random bag. Make sure it’s easily identifiable (lime green with my company logo? done.), large enough for everything and has at least one compartment for smaller items.
- Hand Sanitizer: Maybe it’s just me, but gyms are kind of disgusting. I’m pretty sure I’m allergic to the cleaning wipes they use, so you’ll see me sneezing on the machines. Do you want that on your hands? Didn’t think so.
- Pony Tails: I have thick, long hair, and nothing is worse then sweaty, thick long hair!
- Bobby Pins: Really great for layers and wispies, but even better after your work out to turn your sweaty strands presentable.
- Hair Brush
- Deodorant: Your coworkers will thank you.
- A good pair of shoes: Don’t just throw your crappy pair of tennis shoes in there – you won’t use them!
- Dry Shampoo: Seriously – this is KEY! Spray some at your roots and under your hair (by your neck) then brush it out. Instant clean!
- Face Wipes: This helps you avoid a shower. (FYI – I don’t run, so don’t think i’m this disgusting sweaty mess!) Use one on your face on the back of your neck, and the other in your “sweat spots.”
- A Headband: To reduce the sweat around your face.
And of course, don’t forget your work out clothes or headphones – you’ve gotta have something to jam to! Personally, I’m a big fan of Songza‘s playlists – Drop-A-Beat Workout is my favorite!
What is in your gym bag?